Rotite Technologies provides unique and innovative mechanical or combined connection solutions to both manufacturers and consumers – guaranteeing superior measurable values to all stakeholders.
To revolutionise and streamline connection technology, contributing to sustainable products and manufacturing solutions.
A fundamentally new fastening system that offers a range of benefits to all industries. Rotite is not a product – it is a scalable system of precision connectivity combined with a simple, intuitive action. It is a rotary interlocking system that can be made in a range of materials using a number of techniques. Mould it, ‘Print’ it Machine it or Cast it – It is suited to standard or advanced materials and engineering processes. read more...
Rotite is based on a mathematical principle and is scalable to any size. It can be fine-tuned to meet the specification. The simplicity of Rotite could help reduce weight and component count whilst improving efficiency and functionality. Rotite could revolutionise your design – want to Know How?
Aero – Rotite Technologies has received NATEP (National Aerospace Technology Exploitation Programme) funding to develop the use of Rotite in high strength lightweight composite materials read more
…working with the North West Composites Centre. Rotite aims to make structures stronger and simpler by removing traditional metallic fasteners, reducing both weight and magnetic signatures.
Automotive – Rotite is particularly suited to demanding challenges where saving weight and space are paramount. Rotite can form robust connections in metals and polymers. Rotite can connect dissimilar materials in harsh environments and can incorporate electronic or hydraulic connectivity read more
…providing added value and improved functionality. Given the large quantity of connectors used in modern vehicles, there’s a huge potential to use Rotite to improve your design, reduce component count or speed up assembly.
Manufacturing – If you need to increase productivity or precision, reduce downtime or speed up assembly, Rotite can provide elegant solutions read more
…which are precise and repeatable, Rotite is particularly suited to reducing maintenance costs and associated labour. Such labour reductions are applicable to Lean manufacturing methodologies such as SMED (Single-Minute Exchange of Die)
Consumer goods – Rotite’s precise and positive action provides a great user experience whilst improving products by design. As a mould-in fastening technology Rotite can provide leaner design, greener manufacturing and simplified recycling. read more
… Rotite is applicable to high volume manufacturing, so integrating Rotite technology into products can provide smarter means of manufacturing and deliver intuitive and engaging experiences to the end-user.
If you are researching Rotite, you are in the right place. Choose one of the options below to find out more…
- Get started – Download your free ‘Rotite starter pack’ with 3D print files and basic tips on how to model Rotite… Download here
- Get technical – Find out more about how Rotite can help solve your engineering challenges… See our Technical section
- Get involved – Rotite is developing a range of applications in conjunction with our ever-growing network of technical partners. We are always keen to collaborate and form new commercial or research partnerships.
Get in contact so we can discuss research or development projects. Send us an email to email@example.com
- The costs – There is a range of off-the-shelf commercial/manufacturing opportunities and exclusive licenses may be available. Please see Commercials for more information.
Develop products using Rotite – We’re always looking for co-development opportunities – if you’re an engineer or product designer, or just keen to find out more about the range of benefits Rotite can offer you and your clients, get in contact to find out more.
Rotite In-house product development – Shorten your developmental life cycle by working with us. As a passionate team, we are currently developing a range of practical products incorporating Rotite technology. Get in contact to find out more about the benefits of Rotite and collaborative funding opportunities.
Rotite products – More coming soon…
Get the facts – Download our ‘Technical Pack’
- We offer design, development and consultation services to help you shorten your product development life cycle.
- The team at Rotite Technologies is passionate, pro-active and constantly developing our technology.
- Rotite can offer turnkey fastening solutions or co-develop your application.
- Rotite Technologies aims to provide practical product solutions and provide its clients with novel and effective fastening systems.
- We’re keen to discuss your developments, whichever industry you come from and we provide our clients with the strictest confidentiality.
Stuart Burns – Managing Director & Inventor
Stuart has spent the past 10 years as an experienced inventor, product designer, and university lecturer. Stuart is passionate about problem-solving for safety-critical industries including marine and construction. Stuart is a proud proponent of contemporary manufacturing technologies and as such embraces all things 3D.
Cat Silva – Technical Project Manager
Cat’s engineering acumen and meticulous management skills have been instrumental to the growth of Rotite. Cat joined the team after gaining Distinction class Honours in Product Design and Management MSc (Eng). She is a proud member of LivWISE (Liverpool Women in Science and Engineering), promoting the role of women in science and engineering careers.
Zulf Ali – Commercial strategist
Zulf is highly experienced in strategy design, programme management, project management, team development, business turnaround, mergers and acquisitions.